The Company is committed to promoting sustainability. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based on the following principles:
1) To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
2) To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
3) To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
4) To minimise the impact on the sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
5) To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
6) We will continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
B) PRACTICAL STEPS
In order to put these principles into practice we will:
1) When travelling to meetings:
a) Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits, apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
b) Include the full costs of more sustainable forms of transport in our financial proposals, rather than the least cost option which may involve travelling by car or air. Where the only practical alternative is to fly, we will include costs for full air fares rather than budget airlines in our financial proposals, and appropriate offsets.
c) Avoid physically travelling to meetings where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
d) Reduce the need to travel to meetings and elsewhere, and facilitate regular client contact, we will provide a web cam to clients free of charge for the duration of a project where appropriate.
2) When purchasing equipment/consumption of resources
Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
C) WORKING PRACTICES AND ADVICE TO CLIENTS
Ensure that any associates that we work with take account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients. Include a copy of our Sustainability Policy in all our proposals to clients.